If you are a non-EU citizen who intends to stay or work in our country, this is the right time to contact us.
As we anticipated in one of our previous articles, the Flows Decree concerning the programming of entries in Italy in the year 2022 has finally been issued by the Italian government.
The number of foreign workers admitted to Italy in the year 2022 is lower than announced in the draft decree circulated in December and amounts to a total of 69,700 units divided as follows:
- A share of 27,700 for non-seasonal subordinate work and self-employment. Of these, the vast majority (20,000 units) are intended for non-seasonal subordinate workers in the sectors of road haulage for third parties, construction and tourism-hotels, and only 500 are intended for non-EU citizens who enter Italy for reasons of self-employment and who belong to one of the following categories:
- entrepreneurs who intend to implement an investment plan of interest to the Italian economy that provides for the use of economic resources in an amount not less than € 500,000, as well as the creation of at least 3 new jobs;
- self-employed workers who intend to exercise regulated or supervised professions or unregulated professions represented at national level by associations registered in lists kept by public administrations;
- holders of corporate positions of administration and control envisaged by Inter-ministerial Decree no. 850 of May 11, 2022;
- artists of clear fame or known professional qualification, hired by public or private entities, in the presence of the requirements provided for by Inter-ministerial decree May 11, 2021, no. 850;
- foreign citizens who intend to set up innovative start-ups in accordance with Law no. 221/2021 and who have an employment relationship of a self-employed nature with the company.
- A quota of 42,000 units for seasonal employment in the agricultural and tourist-hotel sectors.
As specified by the same decree, the quotas will have to be allocated by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies among the territorial Labour Inspectorates, the Regions and the Autonomous Provinces. Therefore, foreigners who intend to move to specific territories of the peninsula will have to keep themselves informed about the quotas available in the area of interest.
Flows Decree: how to submit applications
Telematic visa applications may be submitted
– from 9:00 a.m. of the tenth day following the date of publication in the Official Gazette for non-seasonal self-employed and subordinate workers;
– from 9:00 a.m. on the fifteenth day following the date of publication in the Official Gazette for seasonal workers.
As usual, the visa application for subordinate workers must be submitted by employers through the online portal on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.
Flows Decree: what we can do for you
Thanks to our experience in the field of visas, consultancy for foreigners and collaboration with specialized law firms, our firm, MGI Vannucci & Associati, is ready to support you in the process of obtaining a visa:
- Assisting you in the collection and presentation of the documents necessary to obtain the nulla osta as well as communicating, on your behalf, with the relevant offices.
- Supporting you in the process of visa issuance, by the competent Italian Representation.
- Assisting you in the application process for the residence permit and in all the paperwork after the visa has been obtained.